Sunday, May 3, 2009

A NEW Toy! (But who is it for??)

That is that real question! Only time will tell!!

We used our tax return this year in a way that we hope will be VERY beneficial to our family because it will give our highly spirited daughter an outlet for her masses of energy… AKA we bought a swing set. Not just a swing set, it’s more or less a guesthouse with a lot of bells and whistles! :0)

We finally got it last Friday, but didn’t have a chance to get to it Saturday. It was a good thing though cuz we got to work on it a little bit everyday, making yesterday a lot easier.
Monday we went through all the parts, built the rock wall, climbing ramp and tic-tac-toe panel.

Tuesday we built the chimney and sunburst dormers.
Wednesday we built the left side of the fort.
Thursday we… I mean I built the right side of the fort! (go me!)
Friday I prepped the rest of the yard, moved most of the wood into the back, labeled and organized it.
Saturday the boys showed up at 6 and got to work putting it all together. By 8 they had the fort built and square. By 8:30 the swingbeam was up. At this point I left (more on that in a minute) but Clint called me at 11 singing "We got a swingset! We got a swingset! We got a swingset, hey, hey, hey, hey!" Lookie at our new toy!!

But, is it for Madi and her friends or Clint and his? Hmmm...

My absense from the rest of the morning's hard work was due to Madi. Her dance class took their group pictures at 9 and were in the Cinco de Mayo parade at 10. Those girls were so freakin cute! I know it's totally cheesy, but I'm so excited and in shock that MY little girl is one of those cute kids in their dance costumes waving like they're princesses!

We picked up pizza on our way home and let the kids run wild (in play clothes, not their costumes) while the Daddies vegged on the floor and the Mommies zoned (we were sympathetically tired!). It was a fabulous day!

5 comments:

ToddNSass said...

How fun! She is going to love it, and so will you--perfect self entertainment. i can't believe how grown-up Madi looks in her dance outfit!

Reeds said...

How FUN! I want one! For some reason I wasn't able to see the pics, but it sounds like a blast!

Deanna said...

I actually ran across your blog while helping friends with their adoption profile. What a beautiful family you have! I am a birth mom myself, and love to see such happy families as yours and the family of daughter I placed over 6 years ago. Good luck with this challenging and beautiful process! :)

Summers Family said...

Yeah! It looks like so much fun! I am looking forward to this summer... and so is Rachel! She had so much fun with Madi on Wednesday!

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Ohh my goodness! What a fun back yard Madi will have to play in! And I love the dance pics! She is so adorable!