Thursday, January 19, 2012

Marcus has survived a whole month!!!

And I can't believe it!!  Not that I didn't think he would survive {although Maelee did her best to squish him on occasion... all in love of course!!  She is just still learning how to be soft by OUR definitions}, I just don't know where the time has gone. 

Marcus001

The last 30 {give or take, I'm too lazy to count} days have been... wonderful, chaotic, a little hectic and stressful, fun, hilarious, precious, tiring and blissful all in one.  Going from 2 to 3 was a bit more challenging than going from 1 to 2 {which I wasn't expecting as much}, but I'm sure there were a lot of things that played in to that: for instance, we adopted Maelee in the summer so no one was in school which made things a LOT easier.  Madi was 3 {Maelee is only 2 1/2} when we adopted the first time around and TRUST ME, I'm learning that those 6 months make a BIG difference!  :O)  Plus, with Madi being the oldest, she has a different personality than Maelee - Madison is much more serious and careful while Maelee... well, let's just say she wants Marcus to be big enough to play more than she wants to carefully hold him.  LOL

The last couple of weeks have found us finally getting into a routine and with Marcus sleeping anywhere from 5 to 6 1/2 hour stretches at night {ah, sweet sleep!}, we're also finally feeling like a happy family and not a crew of zombies.  :O)  I tell you what, having a boy is already SO different from the girls!!  And not just diaper changes {although I never had to worry as much about being peed on... it's ok though, the other night his aim was off and he peed all over his own head!  I guess that makes everyone even now!}, I am LOVING dressing this little guy!!  My grandma commented the other day that she just doesn't understand all these babies being dressed like little men, that she still thinks all babies should be dressed in gowns with strings on the bottom.  :O)  Not me, I LOVE all his little man clothes!  He is one hip boy!  LOL  He is almost out of all his newborn clothes, and is boasting size 1 diapers.  We STILL hear "Look at all that hair!" when people see him for the first time {which cracks me up, why THAT EXACT phrasing?  Seriously?!?  It's almost a little spooky!}, and I have to admit that I love giving him faux-hawks.  :O)

December260

Madi loves to feed her baby brother.  She's burped him a few times and giggles every time he lets one out.  When he starts squirming with a bubble, she tells me that he's having "traumas" and I need to come help him quick.  Ha ha  She tells me everyday that she loves Marcus more than anyone else in the family {and sometimes will correct herself and add that she loves me AND Marcus more than anyone else.  I like that correction!}.  She is very protective of her little brother, ESPECIALLY around Maelee {thank heavens for that!} and said that she cried a little bit at school her first few days back because she missed him so much. 

Maelee loves to love on her baby brother.  :O)  She is getting better about not suffocating him with her affections {in the literal sense} and wants so bad to be big enough to take care of him.  If he starts fussing she is the first one to let us know that "beebee Mah-kiss" is awake and then tries to climb into the crib with him.  She loves to hold him, kiss him, rock him and often tells us {with a grin} that he licks her when she puts her face close to his.  I'm excited to watch them figure out how to play with each other as he grows and becomes more interactive.  My heart swells when I see my adopted babies snuggling and realize that they are the miracles that we couldn't give ourselves.  I'm SO thankful EVERYDAY for these beautiful, amazing children and the wonderful gifts they are for our family.  We are SO blessed!!!

Marcus is {I'm sure} still trying to figure out what is up with all the crazies who kiss him constantly.  :O)  It's fun to see everyone's tender side come out when he's around.  He is a super smiley baby, but is really trying to learn how to smile when HE wants to.  He's managed it a few times, but for the most part his smiles are in his eyes - you can tell that he's happy to see you because his whole face lights up and his eyes sparkle.  It's one of those things that makes me all warm inside.  :O)

Now here comes the part where I promise that I will post the hospital story, AND his newborn photos, AND more pics of him with the girls, AND Christmas, AND, AND... yeah, I know.  I promise!  :O)

5 comments:

Jon and Rach said...

Such cute pictures!!! I love that Maelee suffocates him with love! Evanna did that to Alyvia. It drives you nuts sometimes, but if i was going to suffocate, I would want it to be by love! Congrats!!

Andy and Michele said...

That was a great update! Those pictures are just precious and I can't wait for more! I am sooo jealous of his hair, so jealous. He is well looked over with those sweet sisters, even if one is a little too sweet! :)

taytum said...

Such a beautiful bunch of kids! And yes you do need to catch up on your blog because I've resorted to stalking it because im hungry for more pictures of the newest member of your family!

Summers Family said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait til we get to go to AZ so we can stop by and see him!

Jon and Rach said...

So so cute! All of them!!! Look at your family grow! It's amazing!