Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter Y'all!!

I have to start this post with a small disclaimer.  I didn't buy candy this year.  I know, I know, I know!!!  You might think I'm totally LAME-O, but... Keahi didn't care and Madi was a lot more interested in pistacios and stickers at all the other Easter egg hunts we went to last week.  SO, I figured that I could get away with limited candy this year.  Last year we had waaaaay too much and most of it got thrown away.  There.  That's my defense.  Well, I DID get them, or rather the Easter Bunny brought them each a Chocolate Bunny {a tradition 'round our house!}. 

Easter0003

OK, that being said, I can gush about Easter.  Madi was SO excited, she didn't want to go to sleep Saturday night.  I had to tell her that the Easter Bunny wouldn't come until she was asleep, and that did the trick.  Sunday morning she came into our room holding a purple egg and was so stoked that there were eggs all over the house, she didn't even notice that her and Keahi's baskets were full of goodies.  Even when I pointed that out to her she was too giddy for all those eggs!  Keahi was still snoozing so Madi found all the eggs herself, and was too cute dumping her prizes into her basket.  "Money, Mom!"  "Stickers, Dad!"  "PISTACIOS!!!!!  Yummy pistacios!!!"  "Chocolate!"  {I recycled the candy from the other hunts, making me either thrifty or cheap.  I'd like to think that I'm thrifty!!} 

Untitled-1 copy

We then heard some cooing and singing coming from the girls' room, so we let Keahi join the fun.

Easter0011

  We closed all the empty plastic eggs and let the Coconut have a blast!  She was pretty excited for all those colorful things to play with, and at some point in the morning, found one of Madison's chocolates and made a big, sticky, wonderful mess of herself.  :O) 

Untitled-1

Since it was Conference weekend, we headed over to Russell and Jonnet's for biscuits and gravy {another tradition}.  Between sessions we played croquet and whiffle ball, and then cozied up for naps.  Great day!!!

I have to throw this in here, Monday morning Madi woke up completely confused and heartbroken that the Easter bunny hadn't come again while she was sleeping.  Whoops!  I guess we should explain ourselves better next time, eh?  And, Sunday morning Clint asked Madi if her pull-up was dry and this was her response, "No, Daddy.  I didn't want to come out of my room and scare the Easter Bunny away So I stayed in my room and peed in my pull-up.  Sorry!"  Oh, that crazy kid!

Leading up to Easter I explained the reason for the season to Madison.  The idea that Jesus died for us and then came back to life was so "cool" to her, and really left an impression.  All week she kept asking me questions and coming up with some pretty funny remarks...

"Mom, I miss him."
"Who, sweetie?"  {Earlier she had told me how much she missed Clint's younger brother, J.T. who passed away when she was 3 months old.  She told me that she missed him because he was nice and loved to hold her.  Aw!  Make me cry!}
"Jesus.  He's not in this world, he's in a different one.  And I miss him so much."  Then she pulls this little sweet face as she contemplates our Savior.  I'm on the verge of tears and feeling so proud when she continues by saying, "And I miss Peter Pan."  :O)  {She later told me that she misses Peter Pan because she wants to go to Neverland and plus Jesus protects us from all the other bad guys but he can't protect us from Captain Hook.  That's Peter Pan's job.  Sound logic...?  Why not!}

I love my girls and I love Spring!  Bring out the shorts and tanning oil, we are ready!!

8 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

Oh, your camara takes such good pictures! I love the sunlight in Madi's morning hair. :) So fun! I need to post our Easter still.

Megan Turnidge said...

lol!! Madi just cracks me up!!!! And mmmm... pistachios are WAY better than candy. ;)

P.S. If you ever wanna stop by our blog it's here: http://turnidge-family.blogspot.com/
:)

Maranda Whittle said...

That's so sweet what your daughter said. Happy Easter!

cluffgirl said...

Your daughter's are SO beautiful! I hear you on the candy! Despite filling easter eggs with candy I didn't buy anymore. Since I have been pregnant candy just doesn't sound good to me, and since there is no need for me to steal all of Ayden's candy this year, I passed :)

Summers Family said...

Ya... I went WAY overboard on the Easter Candy... then the next day I started the Body for Life again and it all got put in the closet! Rachel was so excited to find out that Jesus is her brother... she is kinds bummed that she doesn't have one!

taryn said...

your posts always make me crack up, tiff!

and your daughters are so beautiful!

Burdett Family said...

how fun. Madi cracks me up.

Reeds said...

What a fun Easter!