Sunday, June 13, 2010

Millionaire

So I had this super cool dream last night.  I'm not even really sure if something like this is even possible, but I wouldn't put it past some crazy-generous movie star to change the life of this little family.  In my dream, I was on twitter or something like that {I've actually never even glanced at twitter, but in dreams people fly and run really fast, only to move mere inches away from the coming zombie right?  Right.}, anyway... I was on there chatting back and forth with some unknown person and they started talking about large sums of money, like millions and billions.  I laughed and said something original like "I would be tickled with just ONE million, let alone multiples.  Can you even imagine how much that would change your life to just have ONE million dollars handed to you?"

Well, turns out that in my dream I was chatting with some rich and famous millionaire who then decided to grant my wish and give me a million dollars, tax-free.  {How the tax-free thing happened in today's economy, I dunno.  Dreamland has a more responsible government I guess!} 

The crazy thing is that the things we decided to do with this ridiculously large amount of money was SO realistic for Clint and I.  First, we paid tithing on it.  Second, we turned around and gave a gift of $10,000 to each of our siblings and our parents {we got a gift, why shouldn't they?!}.  Third, we paid off our house and kept it as a rental because we were able to buy land and build our dream house.  We got an SUV for me and a full-size truck for Clint, and established an account with enough money to cover insurance and registration on the 2 of them.  Then we set up an account for our next adoption, and one for each of our girls.  We invested some and put the rest in savings.  Clint kept his job cuz honestly, a million dollars can do a lot in the here and now, but tomorrow it's gone.  I continued to pursue photography and we went on living our lives.

It was pretty cool.  One of those nice dreams that you wake up smiling from.  But, I have to say that when reality set in this morning, and I realized our finances hadn't been magically taken care of by some overly generous rich person with a million bucks to spare, I looked over at my husband - felt his soft, warm hand on mine and listened to him breathe - then down at my 4 year old angel who had crawled in bed with us sometime during the night...  That smile didn't fade from my face as my reality set in.  We may not be millionaires with mansions and flashy cars.  We might not buy everything we think we "just have to have" to keep up with the Jones'... but I think that we are a lot happier than most of those movie stars and other "successful" people out there.  I have more blessings than I do money and that's just fine by me.

P.S. If some successful millionaire out there is reading this and feels compelled to make my dream come true, I sure wouldn't say no!  :O)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol LOVE it! I love dreams like that. That's totally what we would do too. Believe me, I've thought about it several times =)
Hope to see you guys at the reunion!

Andy and Michele said...

So, were we in that group of people that you shared with? :) You could keep us entertained if you posted all your dreams! I'm sorry that you're sick. What's up with that?

Collin and Hannah said...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa! I love dreams like that! Aren't families grand?! Even with all their querks (sp?) I wouldn't trade mine in on a new one either.

April said...

Tif, you're my hero. Giving away your money, as the second thing you'd do...priceless. Love you, girl...thanks for sharing that. You made me think, for sure :)