Thursday, August 10, 2017

Goals, Thoughts and a New Purpose

The entire reason I started this blog was to document our family's memories and share them with family, friends and whoever else happened to stumble on our little corner of the blogsphere.  If you look to the post list on the right, you'll see that for years I was a rock star and kept pretty much on top of it - I LOVED my blog!  I loved everything associated with it - forming the stories in my head, imagining how I should take the pictures to best complete the memories shared, the comments people left, knowing those moments were being preserved in a way that my forgetful Mommy Brain wouldn't soon forget. 

And then 2 things happened... Facebook and child number 3.  Suddenly no one cared what I wrote, unless it was a quick Facebook post accompanied by a lower-quality picture caught on my camera phone because, let's face it, that's so much easier to keep up on for everyone!  And the arrival of our sweet baby boy... even though he was a dream baby and SO easy, there were so many added factors to our lives with this new addition.  Madi had just started school, Maelee was in the thick of the TERRIBLE two's, we were given the opportunity to sell our house and purchase our dream home all on TOP of visits with Becca (Marcus' birth mom) and her family, court paperwork and hearings and everything that comes with the process of adopting a baby.  Oh, and we went from a family of 4 to one of 5.  Crazy how that changes things!!!  Something had to give, and it was my beloved blog. 

Now, fast forward to FIVE YEARS LATER (WTF??) and here I am, longing to play catch-up and stroll down memory lane before it's lost forever and my kids are all grown up.  I worry I've lost so much already :(  Life won't stop.  Life won't slow down, it won't even let me catch my breath!

-SO-

Shoulders back, chin up, eyes focused, a tall glass of water by my side and a cushion under my tush - and I'm ready.  The original purpose of this blog was to document life as it happened.  Yes, that's still the goal, but now I'm hoping to expand that and add backtrack posts and actually do what I've regretted not getting to all this time - catching up as much as I can in the short time I have.  Some posts will be posted as a flashback, others dated to get them in the proper time frame so when I publish blog books everything flows chronologically.  I realize that most likely no one will read these posts except me.  Maybe Clint and someday my kids.  That's totally fine.  I don't need what I used to from this blog.  This is MY release.  MY record.  MY journal.  MINE.  I don't mind sharing, and if you're reading this don't feel awkward about continuing to check in on us from time to time.  All I'm saying is that where I used to feel a sense of pride in this blog because of how others reacted to it, now my pride will come from inside - knowing that I'm doing this for my family.  That's SO exciting to me!!  I can't wait to see their faces as they finally get the chance to flip through new blog books and see new pictures that I haven't had the time to show them and read the stories that go along with them... that gets me all kinds of giddy inside!!

I guess to wrap this up I ask for forgiveness.  More from myself and my family than from anyone else.  Time to let the guilt go.  Time to move forward by looking in the past and fleshing out what I find.  Holy crap, I can't friggin' wait!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I care! I love blogs so much more than Facebook, but mine has suffered too with child number 5, and with no one reading blogs anymore. I will read yours though, whenever I see there's an update! Your kids are getting so big!